Maria Joachim, MSc, is a third-year student in the Program in Health Services Organization and Policy within the Department of Health Policy and Management, with a cognate in Organizational Studies. Maria is working with Dr. Holly Jarman. Prior to pursuing a PhD, Maria worked at Boston's Children's Hospital, followed by placements in Peru and Nepal, focusing on Tuberculosis and Family Planning Programs respectively. Through her PhD training, Maria hopes to bring management and business research and tools to global health and health systems. Maria spent the last summer in South Africa exploring Public-Private Partnerships for public health and healthcare delivery. Maria earned her Bachelor’s degree from Bates College with a major in Biology and her Masters degree in Global Health from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health with a focus on Health Systems.
Contact: Maria Joachim
- Center for Education for Women (CEW) Fellowship, 2016 – 2017
- Rackham Summer Research Award, May – August, 2016
- John Malik Award for Educational Loan Repayment, November 2015
- Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia (WCEE) Research Grant, May – August, 2015
- Harvard University Presidential Scholarship, Full-Tuition, 2011 – 2013
- Cyprus Children’s Fund-Makarios Scholarship/Theodore and Wally Lappas Award, 2011ates College International Tuition Student Scholarship, 1999-2003